- About Us
- Slurry Pumps
- Markets Served
- Parts & Service
- Pump News
Z Series Gravel/Dredge Pump
Schurco Slurry ® Z Series pumps are designed to handle very large particles for gravel and dredging operations.
The Schurco® range of dredge and gravel pumps is designed specifically for continuous pumping of extremely aggressive slurries, with a wide particle size distribution. Capable of handling large particles at consistently high efficiencies results in low cost of ownership. The large volume internal profile of the casing reduces associated velocities further increasing component life.
Z Series Profile
- Discharge Diameters 4” to 14” (100 mm to 350 mm)
- Heads Through 230 ft (70 m)
- Flow rates Through 12,000 gpm (2,700 m3/h)
- Casing Pressure Tolerance 300 psig (2,020 kPa)
- sand and gravel
- hydraulic mining
- sugar beet
- root vegetables
- slag granulation
- river and pond dredging
- heavy refuse removal
- large particle or low NPSHA applications
Z Series Features
The unique segmented clamp ring on larger size units and solid on smaller pumps, facilitates casing rotation to any angle, reducing the need for costly high wearing bends. Minimal maintenance is required.
- Impeller – front and back shroud expulsion vanes reduce gland pressure and intrusion of high concentrations of solids in the gland area. Efficiency is maintained by minimizing suction side recirculation. Specially designed and shaped impeller vanes allow the handling of extraordinarily large particles. The unique casing design and sealing vanes prevent abrasive solids intrusion at the sealing faces.
- Casing – The large, robust casing has been designed to reduce internal velocities resulting in minimum efficiency loss and improved casing wear life. The casing is made up of three components to reduce maintenance time and costs associated with a one piece design.
- Expeller (Centrifugal Seal) – no external sealing water required where applicable
- Stuffing Box – flushed gland sealing with braided packing and a lantern ring
- Mechanical Seals
- Cartridge-style bearing housing allows for removal from pump and assembly in controlled environment
- Oversized shaft diameters and reduced overhang in the wet-end contribute to long life and reliability in the field
Interchangeable with Warman® G and GH series pumps.